What to wear:
I know it can be overwhelming to know what to have everyone wear for your session. So here are some tips! If you need any other help just ask.
1) First things first - do not wear the same thing! It is important to coordinate your clothing but not all match. Choose colors with the same tones and that complement each other, but don't have everyone wearing the same exact color!
2) Stay away from super loud patterns, huge logos/words and characters on children's colors, but the focus of the photo should always be on the people, not the clothing!
3) Pick the clothes for the hardest person first and then work your way outwards. Let's face it - there is that one person who it is a struggle for but when they are done it is a struggle for but when they are done it is easier to relax!
4) Accessorize! Scarves, belts, ties, jewelry, hats and fun shoes help pull the whole look together. It is also a great way to add in pops of color without going overboard!
5) Be consistent! This important in two ways - first, you should all be consistent in your style of clothing. Make sure you all have generally the same level of "fanciness" or "casualness" (that makes sense, right?). And lastly, be consistent with who you are as a family. These photos will stay with you for a lifetime, and you want to be able to always look back and remember exactly who you were in that period of time, not wonder what you were thinking with those clothes! Definitely put thought and effort into finding the right outfits, and by all means, have fun, but don't stray too far from your usual style.
For example: The colors for the whole group was grean, pink, and grey accents. (Blue jeans almost always works).
Blue jeans, blue, orange, and tan accents
Another example: White, blue, khaki, and blue jeans.
Grey, pink, black, an khaki
Red, blue, grey, and blue jeans
White, blue, and khaki
Hello! I am Breann Patty, enjoy looking around at my fine art. If you have any questions fill out the contact page.